Recently Sasol hosted an event to honour and celebrate the public sector health workers in GMM for their commitment and upstanding work on the front lines during the lockdown.
The event was to ensure that the health workers are aware that they did not go unseen during the time of COVID-19.
READ ALSO: DA approaches Hawks on 106 investigation
“Sasol appreciates and thanks the Healthcare Professionals for their bravery, for going above and beyond their call of duty and for their self-sacrificing courage. They are our everyday heroes, working selflessly with compassion to perform lifesaving work on the COVID-19 frontline, while placing themselves in harm’s way with limited resources and immense pressure,” said Simon Baloyi, Senior Vice President: Secunda Chemicals Operations.
Sasol has been a huge support during these difficult times and have donated:
- More than 144 150 litres of alcohol-based sanitiser to health and educational institutes
- Rolled out COVID-19 education and awareness programmes in collaboration with the Gert Sibande District Municipality
- Donated general hygiene and safety-kit items
- Loaning three mobile science laboratory vehicles, fuelled by Sasol, to assist the Department of Health
- Provided 10 administrators to assist the Department of Health with data capturing
- Donated 66 mattresses and toiletry packs to homeless people housed at the Kinross Golf Club Lapa
On the day of the event Sasol also donated 1200 litres of sanitiser to Evander Hospital, Bethal Hospital and other surrounding Public Health Clinics in Govan Mbeki.
Some of the Bethal Hospital staff entertained the crowd with a dance and after that everyone joined in to dance the Jerusalema dance.
WATCH HERE: Sasol honours healthworkers
But in the end the day was to honour the healthcare workers who have worked tirelessly against the fight against COVID-19 and to flatten the curve.