Earlier this month in an L & A’s Wacky Wednesday article, we spoke about how YOU are natural beauty and how only YOU can determine your own sexiness.
This week we are bringing you a little extra on the subject of natural beauty with a celebrity.
I spoke to my friend, Monique Muller to get her opinion on natural beauty and what it means to her.
Monique is a social media influencer, business woman and mother.
When I phoned Monique and asked for her opinion on the subject, she was honoured and shocked at the same time.
Monique and I had lost contact for a while but the reunion, even if it was just over the phone, felt like not a day has gone by since the last time we saw each other.
Chatting on the phone, Monique loved the idea of Natural Beauty October with L & A. She agreed that as women we should encourage and support each other. She also brought a new point of view to natural beauty. Something I never thought I would write about… Motherhood.
Before Monique was pregnant, she was always the belle of the ball and dressed to the nines! I cannot remember once, even when we both lived in Dubai, that I ever saw her not looking her best. Whether she had no make-up on or a full face of make-up and hair coiffed. She always took pride in her appearance.
This is not saying that she does not take pride in her appearance today!
No, she still does but while we were chatting on the phone, she opened up about motherhood and how she lost herself for a while.
READ ALSO: 8 of the Best Local T-Shirt Companies
“It is normal to lose yourself. There is this other being that completely and utterly takes over your life. It is only normal to lose yourself,” Monique said.
Motherhood is a gift that women sometimes take for granted but at the end of the day it is the one thing that each mother holds on to for as long as they can.
Monique’s top tips for mothers are:
1. Self-Care is SOOO important!! Anything that you enjoy! Keep on doing things you used to love doing before becoming a mom.
2. Be easy on yourself; there is sooo much guilt about so many things when it comes to being a mother. But we always know we have our babies’ best interests at heart and be at peace in knowing that.
3. Have fun! I had to learn this the hard way, personally being a perfectionist but just LIVE! LOVE! LAUGH!
4. Always follow your intuition; the same thing does not work for every child as they are all completely different individuals.
5. Find your community/village/support system. This is so beneficial to yourself but also to your little one.
These are definitely tips to take to heart and I am sure mothers can agree!