ANIMALS 101 – MAKING PET-POSITIVE NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS TO IMPROVE THE LIVES OF YOUR PETS.
The presents are opened, the Christmas leftovers are done…….and now it’s that time of year again when we think about what we shouda-coulda-woulda done differently last year and vow to do better this year.
A new year brings new goals, renewed hope and 365 days of opportunity for you and your pet to bond, develop healthier habits and discover new ways to live a full life. Your pet can live a better tomorrow with your help.
An important first step is to avoid becoming overwhelmed thinking you need to make big changes overnight. Baby steps in the right direction are the way to go. The important thing is to make a plan and move steadily forward.
HERE ARE IDEAS FOR SOME PET-POSITIVE NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION
- SPAY & NEUTER YOUR PETS.
This is probably our most important one. There are so many benefits to this plus you will help stop this massive overpopulation crisis we face in animal welfare. If your pet is already sterilised, thank you! Now please consider sponsoring one other sterilisation for someone in need this year.
- MAINTAIN A HEALTHY WEIGHT FOR YOUR PET AND FEED A NUTRITIOUS DIET.
- LEARN SOMETHING NEW ABOUT ANIMAL CARE, BEHAVIOUR OR PET HEALTH EVERY WEEK.
Check out The Paw Company’s index post on various animal topics or read this weekly Animals 101 feature in The Bulletin published Wednesday evenings after 19h00.
- PROVIDE A LIFETIME OF TRAINING AND SOCIAL INTERACTION.
- IMPROVE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF PET FIRST AID AND CREATE A PET-EMERGENCY PLAN.
- STRENGTHEN YOUR BOND WITH QUALITY TIME.
- MEET ALL THEIR NEEDS.
- GET MORE EXERCISE & LET THEM SNIFF MORE.
- TRY A NEW ACTIVITY, LOOK AT THINGS FROM A NEW ANGLE OR GO ON AN ADVENTURE WITH YOUR PET.
- INCORPORATE MORE PLAY AND FUN TIME.
- SCHEDULE A WELLNESS CHECK-UP WITH YOUR VET AND IMPROVE YOUR PET’S HEALTH.
- SEEK MORE NATURAL WAYS TO SUPPORT YOUR PET’S HEALTH.
- ADD YOUR PETS TO YOUR WILL.
- MICRO-CHIP YOUR PETS AND UPDATE YOUR PET’S MICRO-CHIP & ID COLLAR INFO.
- CLEAR OUT OLD TOYS & GET CREATIVE BY MAKING SOME NEW ONES.
- SCHEDULE SOME DAILY DIY GROOMING TIME.
- CREATE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT & A SPACE THAT IS ONLY THEIRS.
- START USING CRUELTY-FREE COSMETICS NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS.
- CREATE A PET-FRIENDLY GARDEN OR A SENSORY GARDEN FOR PETS.
- OPEN A SAVINGS ACCOUNT FOR PET EMERGENCIES OR GET PET INSURANCE.
- WRITE A BUCKET LIST FOR SENIOR PETS.
- DO SOME COMMUNITY WORK FOR ANIMALS IN NEED.
- FIND A GOOD PET SITTER.
- ADOPT DON’T SHOP.
- EDUCATE & ADVOCATE. Help us educate about and advocate for those without a voice.
Also read: ANIMALS 101 – ARE YOU FIREWORK READY
FINALLY CREATE A PLAN.
Almost done. You have your pet and you have made the decision to make some pet- positive changes in the new year. You even have great ideas for some paw-some resolutions. In order to execute these resolutions though, there needs to be detailed goals and an easy plan to follow every day.
It is important to create a plan that you can stick to. Consider asking a friend to check-in with and make sure you are keeping to those resolutions. Maybe start a calendar and write down the days and the goals. Most important part, get excited!
Read the full article on pet new year’s resolutions.
Do you have a New Year’s resolution for your pet?
Thanks for tuning in! May you and your fur-family members have a fantastic 2022! Next week we will look at some basics when it comes to finding missing pets.
WHEN YOU KNOW BETTER, DO BETTER!
#PetNewYearsResolutions #MyPetMyResponsibility #MyPetAndI2022 #Happy2022