fbpx

Donate and HELP us spread the News

We need your HELP!, Donate R50 to assist The Bulletin in reporting on your Community News. Click on the donate button on the right. →

Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Pay
16.1 C
Secunda
More

    Ridiculous power interruptions blamed for fire

    Ridiculous power cuts are being blamed after another family lost everything when their house burnt to ashes in extension 21, eMbalenhle.

    Ridiculous power interruptions blamed for fire
    Ashes left of the house

    This comes after a house recently burned down in extension 09 and a toddler died in that fire believed to be caused by Govan Mbeki Municipality’s planned load shedding which has drastically affected Embalenhle township since the beginning of this year.

    What is more shocking is that there is no clear explanation from the municipality as to why there has been load shedding in eMbalenhle. 

    READ ALSO: Govan Mbeki Municipality struggles to settle account with ESKOM

    The family lost everything and they plead with good Samaritans to help them with anything they can from food to clothes.

    They are a family of more than 6 and have little children to look after during this wintry weather.

    Ridiculous power interruptions blamed for fire
    Ashes left of the house

    “We would like to ask for any donations as a family we don’t have food, clothes nor shelter,” asked the family.

    The Bulletin tried to contact the ward councillor but to no avail.

    READ ALSO: Police seek next of kin of murder victim, Port Elizabeth

    If you would like to make a donation, please contact The Bulletin for more information.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Ridiculous power interruptions blamed for fire