-

Crime WOMAN SEEN ASSAULTED IN VIDEO CLIP HAS REFUSED TO...

WOMAN SEEN ASSAULTED IN VIDEO CLIP HAS REFUSED TO OPEN ASSAULT CASE
W

NELSPRUIT- Emanating from a video clip which was widely circulated on social media, where a woman was seen being viciously assaulted by her alleged boyfriend, the woman in question has sadly opted not to open an assault case against the man.

She indicated that they have spoken as family and hence her resolve.

READ ALSO: POLICE INVESTIGATE MURDER IN BETHAL

This comes after police in Mpumalanga instituted an inquiry into the matter with a view to subject the perpetrator to court.

The incident, which can be described as inhuman, is alleged to have taken place at Kamhlushwa in the Nkomazi area, earlier this year in February/March but only surfaced on Saturday, 22 August 2020.

After careful scrutiny of the video, police sought to fully investigate the incident as they were of the view that the man has a case to answer.

A senior police officer was tasked with the responsibility to probe this issue.

The decision made by the Provincial Commissioner of the police in Mpumalanga, Lieutenant General Mondli Zuma, was largely to ensure that justice is served in this matter.

WOMAN SEEN ASSAULTED IN VIDEO CLIP HAS REFUSED TO OPEN ASSAULT CASE
Provincial Commissioner of the police in Mpumalanga, Lieutenant General Mondli Zuma

General Zuma also issued a statement over the weekend reiterating a stance which must be taken by women should they experience any form of abuse that they must institute a protection order against their partners.

He further said that if they are physically abused, they must not hesitate to open a criminal case so that the processes can run concurrently.

General Zuma further urged women not to protect their abusive partners as the results are often deadly.

“The scourge of Gender-Based-Violence can be described as a national crisis in which many women have died in the hands of their partners. As the police, we encourage women to report such cases so as to prevent the unnecessary loss of lives as well as ensure that the men who commit such crimes are taken off the streets,” said General Zuma.

READ ALSO: Eastern Cape SAPS say no to gender based violence as they commemorate women’s month

The SAPS in Mpumalanga view Gender Based Violence in a serious light and vow to respond immediately when called upon.

Women are also encouraged NOT to withdraw cases related to GBV as that might not stop this pandemic.

Families are also advised NOT to stop victims of GBV when they opt to take the legal route.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

WOMAN SEEN ASSAULTED IN VIDEO CLIP HAS REFUSED TO OPEN ASSAULT CASE

- Advertisement -

Latest news

Obey the road rules this Festive Season!

Motorists urged to obey road rules this Festive Season Following the launch of...

300km walk to improve housing for others

ANOTHER 300KM WALK FROM EMBALENHLE TO NELSPRUIT  Sibosiso Hlolweni has a heart for...

Afriforum skenk skoonmakmiddels

Tehuise en kerke in Morgenzon ontvang skoonmaakmiddels vanaf Afriforum AfriForum se Bethal-tak het...

So is die Lewe: Karretjiemense

Nog 'n "So is die lewe" rubriek vanuit die pen van Ds Marius Britz. Titel is...

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you