Ridiculous power cuts are being blamed after another family lost everything when their house burnt to ashes in extension 21, eMbalenhle.
This comes after a house recently burned down in extension 09 and a toddler died in that fire believed to be caused by Govan Mbeki Municipality’s planned load shedding which has drastically affected Embalenhle township since the beginning of this year.
What is more shocking is that there is no clear explanation from the municipality as to why there has been load shedding in eMbalenhle.
The family lost everything and they plead with good Samaritans to help them with anything they can from food to clothes.
They are a family of more than 6 and have little children to look after during this wintry weather.
“We would like to ask for any donations as a family we don’t have food, clothes nor shelter,” asked the family.
The Bulletin tried to contact the ward councillor but to no avail.
If you would like to make a donation, please contact The Bulletin for more information.